TUESDAY (A Day)
November 24, 2020
Lunch is 11:32 a.m. to 12:22 p.m.
Have a GREAT Thanksgiving Break!!
- SENIORS: Graduation supplies, caps, and gowns will be ordered on Thursday, December 3rd during your lunch block. Please bring your $80 or $100 deposit along with your completed order form.
- Look under General Announcements for more information about The Coolidge Scholarship. Thdeadline to apply is Wednesday, January 20, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. EST.
- 11th & 12th graders: GHS is offering the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Batter (ASVAB) on Wednesday, December 9th from 8:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose gym. This is a Nationally normed test that focuses on Math, Verbal, and Science. It also includes a career exploration section that indicated aptitude for a series of career fields running that gamut from engineering to arts. The test is free and helps qualify high school students from entrance into the miliarty and scholarships. If you are not in JROTC, let LTCol Harril know if you would like to take the test. If you are an 11th or 12th grade cadet, the test is mandatory.
- Juniors: See General Announcements for information about The University of Mississippi Lott Leadership Institute.
- Sophomores & Juniors: Mississippi Governor's School, a residential honors program for high ability students, is cuttently seeking applications for current sophomores and juniors to attend their summer program. The program is a 2-week program located on the Mississippi University for Women's Campus in Columbus, MS on June 6-19th. Studdents who are selected for the residential program recieve a full scholarship for tuition, of college credit to be used at any university, become srong leaders, and build a strongerresume. Students should apply online at www.MUW.edu/govschool. Application deadline is Friday, December 18, 2020.
Order a 2020-2021 yearbook on the school website for $70.
Senior ads for the yearbook are on sale on the school website until November 30. Pay and design online through the link.
- The University of Mississippi Lott Leadership Institute for High School Students is looking for current juniors who are interested in attending the 2021 summer program on promoting leadership and public policy. Students who are interested in attending the 2021 summer program on promoting leadership and public policy. Students who attend will earn 6 hours of college credit while participating in discussion groups, panels, and debates on issues confronting leaders of the 21st century. Participants will also travel to Washington, D.C., to participate in discussions with state and national leaders. Students will receive a scholarship to cover tuition of college credits, housing, campus meal plan, travel costs, housing in D.C., and a meal per diem for the trip. If selected, the cost to the student will be a $100 registration fee, $500 program fee, and the cost of textbooks and course fees, weekend meals, snacks, and spending money. Germantown High School is currently taking applications to consider for the program, please e-mail a resume and a short essay explaining who you should be a candidate to attend the leadership program to Mrs. Walden (email@example.com) by the end of the school day on Wednesday, December 9th.
- The Coolidge Scholarship, also known as "The Coolidge," is a full ride scholarship covering student's tuition, room, board, and expenses at any four-year accredited U.S. College or University. The Coolidge Scholarship is open to current high schooljunior (Class of 2022), who are American Citizen of legal permentant residents that plan to enroll in college fal 2022. The Coolidge Scholars are selected primarily on academic excellence, and secondary criteria includes an interest in public policy, an application for and understanding of the values President Coolidge championed, as well as humility and service. The top 100 applications are invited to participate in the Coolidge Senators Program in Washington, D.C., and will receive a $1,000 scholarship, will receive a one-time finalist scholarship. Visiit www.coolidgescholar.ord for more information. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, January 20. 2021 by 5:00 p.m. EST.
- We Care Box: The GHS Counselor’s Office will be utilizing the We Care box this year as a source of communication between the students and GHS counselors. The black box is located between the library and art hallway. It is designed to be a confidential course of communication for students to report to the Counselor’s Office other students who are in need, a danger to themselves or others, or other concerns. Concerns placed in the box are taken very seriously—please only make a report if you have a legitimate concern! Reports can be made anonymously; however, it is very helpful to have the name of the person reporting the information in the event further information is needed. If you have a legitimate concern about another student, please fill out one of the yellow WE CARE forms located in the folder on the outside of the mailbox and drop it inside the box. The box will be checked in a timely manner.
- Please visit the Counselor’s Office tab on our website (ghsmavs.com) for scholarship information.