Dear Educators:It is with great anticipation that we look towards implementing, Mississippi College and Career Readiness Standards. These standards go a long way to ensure that students have the same opportunities to learn at high levels and reach towards higher standards.The Standards are aligned to the highest international and national standards and have an increased emphasis on the following:
- Reading more informational and complex texts
- Writing to justify thinking and reasoning and writing for more authentic purposes
- Engaging in more problem‐solving and problem‐based learning
- Making more real‐world, relevant connections
- Assessing learning at higher‐levels
These standards inform schools of “what” to teach but leave “how” to teach in the hands of YOU. Your classrooms will be an even more engaging setting as students are provided with increased opportunities for collaboration, conversation and problem‐solving.Please review the information presented in the left-hand column for more information and resources for your use in planning and implementation of The Standards.