Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Robin Tonos
Mrs. Robin Tonos email@example.com
6th and 7th Grade Compacted Math
am so excited that your child is in my class this year!! My desire is to get to
know every student on a personal basis. They
will be challenged to their fullest potential in my classroom. Homework and class work will help strengthen
your child academically.
be successful in school, every student must be on their best behavior. Class rules will be emphasized and good
discipline will be expected. I want each
child to be engaged and to participate in our class lessons. If there is any problem that I am having with
your child, I will work with you by emailing you first and usually that is all
that will be needed. Once they know we
are communicating, that usually fixes any problems or distractions. I rarely have discipline problems and don’t
foresee any in these classes. These
students have been awesomeJ
- Come to class on time each day with all necessary materials.
- Raise your hand and wait to be
recognized before speaking. Only problem I am having at this time.
- Use appropriate language with the teacher as well as classmates.
- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- Food, including gum, will not be permitted unless given by the teacher.
- You may keep a water bottle in your backpack, but it must contain water.
- Parent Notice 1
- Parent Notice 2
- Referral to principal
Materials needed for math
1) Math binder: There are 4 sections in the binder that will
be labeled. Having assignments in the correct place will keep your child
organized and make it easy to locate papers when I ask for them. Your child will need a separate ½
inch or 1 inch Math binder. I will continue to help your child with their binders. Many are doing fine. Some have trouble locating their work as they have put their math in the wrong binder or another folder; but we are working on that.
2) Paper : Your child needs plenty of paper.
3) Pencils: I do lend out pencils. Yet, I ask each child to bring 2 to class.Your child may use either wooden pencils or mechanical pencils for math class. If using wooden pencils, please provide a handheld pencil sharpener to keep in their backpack. If using mechanical pencils, please provide plenty of lead and extra erasers that fit the pencil.
child will not be issued a
textbook this school year. We have a classroom set of textbooks that we will
use in class. The home copy is ONLINE
for review, tutorials, and assignments. (See LOGIN information below) You will find this site very helpful with
added examples. Please let me know if your child does not have access to a
Go to www.bigideasmath.com
on “I am a” Student, then click the red book for my 7th
graders and 6th graders. Sometimes, our 6th graders will use their Green Book. They
will find the chapter where skills are being taught. J I will go over this with them when my mimio
is fixed. Write now I am making copies
Tests, exams and projects 67% of final average
Homework, Quizzes and Jag marks 33% of final average
do not have a set schedule for tests. Tests will be given at the end of a unit
and study guides will be provided for most tests and all exams.
Every week, I update my homework blog. This online tool is designed to keep you informed of homework assignments, upcoming tests and projects, and other pertinent information. In the event that assignments change, it will be the student’s responsibility to write down the correct assignment. The homework blog can be accessed by visiting the school’s website www.madisonmiddlejags.org.
It is my privilege to teach your child. You will see that I am totally committed to help your child in Math. I love teaching math and I love my students! Feel free to contact me at any time. I know together we can make this a great year for your child. I am looking forward to a very successful school year! J