TUESDAY (B Day)
May 4, 2021
- Tryoutsfor the 2021-2022 Boys and Girls Golf teams will be held at Whisper Lake Country Club starting at 4 Pm on May 11th at 12th. Please email email@example.com for boys and firstname.lastname@example.org for girls. Please click this link to sign up: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc4sthOhNjaeUZiKJyExku4bejpn_ImiI247xJgMUFaR44ZiA/viewform
- Tennis tryouts will be held on May 25th from 4:30-6:00 p.m. at the Ridgeland Tennis Center. You must have an updated physical to tryout. Please email email@example.com with an questions.
- Auditions and technical interviews for Maverick Theatre's Performing Arts Theatre Production & Competition course will be virtual this year. If you would like to audition, and/or participate in the technical interview process, please email Mrs. Summerlin a video of yourself performing a one-minute monologue and/or an explanation of any technical experience/skills by May 7th. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Maverick Football Tryouts/Spring Football Practices will be Monday, May 3rd- Friday,May 21st. Everyone must have an updated physical in order to tryout. If you are not currently on the team, please see Coach Shramek to get your gear before May 3rd.
- Volleyball tryouts will be held May 17th-19th after school at GHS. You must have an updated physical to tryout. Click this link to sign up: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=x6ze-ONpkEGKcgM4QSj5dHNO8VR9IEBFlp8re81qcAFUNlZSRElPVDlSRElZVVQ0TlBRR0lRWUw5Ty4u
- If you are interested in joining the 2021-22 Speech and Debate team, the audition information is available on the Speech and Debate page on the school website. Please click this link to view: https://www.madison-schools.com/Page/43196 The teacher evaluations and student information forms are due to Mrs. O'Hara and Mr. Hawkins by Friday, May 7th, 2021.
- Checkout notes are due in the attendance office BEFORE 10:00 am.
- No outside food is to be delivered or brought to the school.
- Masks should be worn at all times.
ATHLETICS THIS WEEK
- Monday (5/3) - Boys Golf State Tournament at Sunkist Country Club in Biloxi, Ms
- Thursday (5/6) - Baseball Playoffs vs. DeSoto Central (V 7:00)
- Friday (5/7) - Baseball Playoffs at DeSoto Central (V 7:00)
- Saturday (5/8) - Baseball vs. DeSoto Central if needed (V 7:00)
- We Care Box: The GHS Counselor’s Office will be utilizing the We Care box this year as a source of communication between the students and GHS counselors. The black box is located between the library and art hallway. It is designed to be a confidential course of communication for students to report to the Counselor’s Office other students who are in need, a danger to themselves or others, or other concerns. Concerns placed in the box are taken very seriously—please only make a report if you have a legitimate concern! Reports can be made anonymously; however, it is very helpful to have the name of the person reporting the information in the event further information is needed. If you have a legitimate concern about another student, please fill out one of the yellow WE CARE forms located in the folder on the outside of the mailbox and drop it inside the box. The box will be checked in a timely manner.
- Please visit the Counselor’s Office tab on our website (ghsmavs.com) for scholarship information.