2018-2019 Expectations Procedures, and Rules
7th Grade Accelerated and Regular English Language Arts
As a student at Olde Towne Middle School, I am expected to be an excellent example for others by showing respect, being responsible and showing self-control.
I will strive to be Titan BLUE, because it’s more than a color; it’s our expectation!
B –Be Prepared
L –Learn Actively
U –Uphold Excellence
E –Earn and Give Respect
Classroom Rules and Expectations:
- Be on time, on task, and prepared
- Be responsible for your own learning and your own attitude.
- Allow other students to share their ideas, thoughts, and conclusions by listening to them closely, quietly, and politely (you may have an amazing “aha” moment when listening and learning from your peers).
- Using profanity will not be tolerated.
- Any form of bullying will not be tolerated. *Remember every student has a special place in our class and has the right to learn.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Homework assignments are expected to be turned in on the assigned due date. Late assignments will receive partial credit.
- Put away all personal electronics.
- Follow directions when using Chrome Books and log on only to the websites and programs assigned by the teacher.
- Treat ALL people, materials, resources, books, computers, etc. with the upmost respect.
* Treat others the way you want to be treated, and treat all materials the way you would want yours to be treated!
Entering the Classroom:
- Enter calmly and find your seat.
- Sharpen your pencils before
- Copy all homework assignments and important dates into your planner or binder.
- Begin the bell ringer and complete within the assigned amount of time.
- Check the agenda board to be prepared for the day’s tasks, objectives and goals.
- The day you return to school after your absence, it is your responsibility, not your teachers, to get instructions on missed lessons, class handouts, assignments, missed tests, etc. The make-up work folders are located on the back table under the labeled sign.
- You have the amount of days you were absent to complete your make-up work.
- When make-up work has been completed, please hand it directly to Ms. Wells.
Teacher Wish List:
Individually wrapped candy for incentives
- A one-inch (1”) or larger three ring binder
- One composition notebook
- notebook paper
- #2 pencils
- blue or black pens
- red pen (for editing)
- highlighter with your name on it
- dry erase marker with your name on it
- colored pencils, markers, or crayons (your choice)
- Elmer’s glue
- 36”x48” Trifold poster board (2018 reading fair date TBA)
Independent Reading and Required Class Reading
- one silent reading book (student choice)
- A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park (first semester)
- Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse (first semester)
- Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick (second semester)
Incentives for meeting expectations/following rules:
- Good News phone call home to parents/guardians.
- Bonus points for Excellent Effort Homework Checks.
- Weekly Titan Treasure Box
- Throne seating for the day.
- Titan CASH.
- Positive redirection and one-on-one conversation reviewing expectations.
- Parent contact.
- Student reflection.
- Minor discipline referral.
- After the third minor referral, a major referral will be submitted to administration.