What We Do
The OTMS PTO is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing parental participation to support the school. Many of the events and activities that go on outside the classroom at OTMS are sponsored by the PTO. Our goals are to:
- Encourage and support teachers, staff and students
- Raise funds to enhance the school and improve student achievement
- Support monthly Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) activities
- Promote pride in our school and facilities
- Present a positive image of our school through public relations efforts
- Increase parental participation
Events and Activities
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, in relation to Covid-19, we will have to restructure our activities. Please be on the lookout for more details in the weeks and months to come.
You probably know by now that middle school students don’t always bring home notices, leaving parents feeling like they are the last one to find out about special programs or events. Joining the PTO will help you stay connected. Our goal is to help get the word out about our fantastic school through local news outlets, improve internal communication and update our community through social media. We encourage you to LIKE the OTMS PTO Facebook page and join our Remind 101 message service (text @OTMS to 81010) to stay informed about what is going on at OTMS.
When we all work together on an event, we are building community and Titan pride. PTO-sponsored events are a great way to get to know parents who share your concerns and passion for OTMS. Research indicates that when families are involved, a child is more likely to get higher grades, have fewer disciplinary problems, graduate and go to college. Our children love to see us in the school volunteering. Being involved in the PTO is a great way to get to know teachers and show your kids that you care about their education.
Do you have a special talent or skill you can share? By volunteering with the PTO, you’ll discover just how much your special talents are needed and appreciated. If you love to decorate, paint, organize, plan, write, take pictures, recruit or handle finances, we have a place for you!