Welcome to MCS Distance Learning on Chromebooks
Using the Chromebook
Open the laptop and connect to a network.
- At the bottom right, click on the WiFi symbol .
- Select Not Connected .
- Your Chromebook will automatically look for available networks and show them to you in a list. Look for your SSID Network and click it to join.
- You may be prompted to enter your network’s passphrase to join. This passphrase is typically located on the side or back of your home router.
Login to your Chromebook
Log in with the student’s login.
- Click “+Add Person” on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the student’s email address. The student’s login format is User name: MSIS@students.madison-schools.com (no leading zeros), for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter the student’s password and click next. For elementary students, the MSIS is the password. For middle/high, they will use their normal school password.