Today, we’ll play “Touch 10!”
CLICK HERE for an explanation of today's activity.
• The object of “Touch 10” is to warm-up large muscle groups using a variety of locomotor skills and fitness exercises.
• On “Go”, touch (with your foot) any 10 spots. You may not touch the same spot twice.
• WALK to touch your COUCH. Do 10 jumping jacks after you touch your couch.
• SKIP and touch your refrigerator. Do 9 sit-ups after you touch your refrigerator.
• HOP to touch your front door. Do 8 push-ups after you touch your front door.
• GALLOP to touch your bed. Do 7 squats after you touch your bed.
• RUN to touch a pillow on your couch. Do 6 jump tucks after you touch the couch pillow.
• SIDE-SLIDE to touch your toothbrush. Do 5 (10 second) wall sits after you touch your toothbrush.
• JUMP to touch your backpack. Do 4 forward lunges after you touch your backpack.
• WALK to touch your pet/stuffed animal. Do 3 jumping jacks after you touch your furry friend.
• SKIP to touch a light switch in your house. Do 2 sit-ups after you touch your light switch.
• HOP to touch a spoon in your house. Do 1 minute plank after you touch your spoon.
• CHALLENGE: DO IT AGAIN, but this time, can you touch your spot using a body part other than your foot? (hand, knee, etc.)