About the Teacher
After graduating from Eupora High School, I attended Mississippi State University where I majored in Social Studies Education. In 2004, I completed my Master of Education from Belhaven University and became National Board Certified in 2005. in May 2020, I completed my Ed.S. in Educational Leadership from Belhaven University. I am beginning my 21st year of teaching. In my spare time, I love to garden and read.
I am married to Matt Walker, of Canton, who teaches and coaches at Madison-Ridgeland Academy. We have two daughters: Mary Tristen (8th grader at GMS) and Mattie Reagan (4th grader at Madison Crossing). Also part of the Walker household are 4 dogs, 5 cats, and a lot of ducks and chickens.
My reading blog site: https://mytinylittlefarm.blogspot.com
1) I LOVE Les Miserables...maybe a little obsessed. The novel is one of my favorites. I have one chicken named Cosette and one rooster named Javert.
2) M&Ms are my favorite!
3) I went to the 1996 summer Olymipics in Atlanta where I saw the Dream Team play and Michael Johnson run. Also, I got to see the gold-medal gymnastics team at the basketball game.
4) I have seen Hamilton twice (the Kennedy Center my favorite). Behind Les Miserables, it is my favorite.
5) Our dogs are named: Hazel, Lily, Victor, and Roscoe (a Great Pyrenees)... our cats are named: Timon, Raquel, Georgie, Gizmo, and Joann
6) In 2018, I participated in the George Washington Teacher Institute where I got to stay on Mount Vernon's estate for a week (adventuring out at night and seeing the sunrise over the Potomac in the morning). It is my favorite place to visit.