from the desk of Dr. Fannie D. Green, Principal
Welcome to Camden Elementary School! We hope this website will give you a glimpse into the daily life of a Camden Elementary falcon. Camden Elementary was built in 2005 for students in grades PK-5. We believe…
- Class is more fun and/or interesting when the learners are engaged.
- Re-teaching is an integral part of the classroom.
- Accommodations/Modifications should not lessen the standard.
- Accommodations/Modifications are essential for all to succeed.
- Guided reading groups are needed to address different levels of our learners.
- All adults on campus are teachers.
- Assessment should drive instruction.
- Physical movement motivates.
- All adults must speak correct grammar and model appropriate responses.
- Teachers should know the learning styles of students and plan accordingly.
- Reading is a developmental process.
- Every moment should be a learning moment- No “down-time”!
- Our students will be proficient readers, writers, and thinkers.
- Writing is effective in teaching math.
- Technology can assist with differentiation.
- Parents are integral part of our school.
Our outstanding staff has a common planning time each day to plan researched-based and writing and technology-infused lessons and assessments and analyze data. As a district, we have adopted the Fountas and Pinnell’s "Guided Reading" approach and as a school, the Generation Ready’s writer's workshop approach. Our PK-5 students use Envision Math to learn problem solving and higher level mathematical skills. In addition, our science classrooms are very interactive and lab-based, and the science lab is equipped with up-to-date resources and technology. Our Social Studies’ classes are connecting real life to history.
Our special classes are library, computer, music, and P.E. Our library is a very informative and decorative library with up-to-date books and other resources, seven technology stations, equipped with Destiny, Renaissance Learning It also has iPad, lap top, and chromebook carts. Our computer classes focus on keyboarding and on-line learning. In music, students sing, play instruments, read music, compose original music, and performs programs. They even learn about different types of music, various composers and performers. Our P.E. classes are engaging students and developing, practicing, and reinforcing healthy habits. P.E. students participate in the Get Ready to Run School Program sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of MS and the Presidential Fitness Awards.
Our student resources include a school counselor and a nurse. In addition, we provide academic interventions for our students, including but not limited to, assistant teachers, a literacy specialist, a math specialist, a tutorial facilitator, retired certified tutors who frequent our campus, and on-line resources, such as Accelerated Reader, myOn, Waterford, Imagine Math, iReady, to name a few.
If you would like more information or a tour of Camden Elementary, please contact the school at 662-468-2833.Motto: “Excellence without Excuses”