Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! Music class is an exciting and educational part of our "specials" at Ann Smith Elementary and MCS Virtual Learning. Students will learn the basic fundamentals of music, music history, and performance skills. I know this will be a fantastic year for our school!!!
About the Teacher
I am Nicole Brandon, the music teacher at Ann Smith Elementary School and MCS Virtual Learning. I as so happy to have the opportunity to teach your child this year! I have been teaching music for 16 years. I received my bachelor degree from Mississippi University for Women and master degree from The University of Southern Mississippi in music education. I have taught many students during my career from pre-k through 12th grade. I am married and have two beautiful children, Taylor and AJ.It is a GREAT DAY to be a TITAN!!!
Students will be enriched with music activities that are in line with the Mississippi Music Framework and National Standards for Music Education. All of these standards can be achieved even at the kindergarten, first- and second-grade levels.
National Standards for Music Education:
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
Use kind words
Speak when it is your turn
Follow all directions
Take care of your classroom
Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself“Fave” Music Websites