Welcome back to the Jazzy Jackson class page! Let me start by saying I do understand how difficult is it during this time of trying to remain positive and safe during this Coronavirus Epidemic. As we try to work through these times, I am here to help in whatever way I can help my students. Please adhere to the plans and packets that will be posted weekly on my teacher webpage and the packets that will be available at the school. I enjoy preparing my 2nd graders to become in the mindset of a 3rd grader, pushing deeper into our College and Career Readiness Standards and in their thinking in an engaging way. Our class is FULL of learning through hands-on, fun, and thought-provoking activities. I look forward to continuing to have the best year yet with my students no matter the circumstances!!
All About Mrs. Jackson
- name: Octavia Nashaye Jackson (married for 8.5 years to my husband Victor, both born and raised in Jackson, MS; I am a mother to one daughter, Kylea' and one puppy, Hunter)
- years teaching: 8
- email: email@example.com
- contact number: (601) 856-6621
- availability hours: 8:45-9:30 a.m., and from 2:30-3:00 p.m.
- Education Journey: 5 years in Madison County at Luther Branson Elementary, 1 year in Jackson Public Schools at Dawson Elementary, and now I am continuing my journey of year 8 back in Madison County at Ann Smith Elementary (2nd year at ASE)
- Awards/Recognitions: Teacher of the Year 2013 at Luther Branson Elementary, Teacher Representative on School Board at Luther Branson Elementary, Teacher of the Month (August 2017) at Dawson Elementary, Nominated Teacher of the Year 2018 at Dawson Elementary, and was the Recipient of the Outstanding Teacher Award for JPS for 2017-2018, Teacher of the Month for September at Ann Smith, Elite Titans Cheer Coach at Ann Smith Elementary
A few of my favorite things: (I love gift cards)
Restaurants: Biaggi's, Newk's, Nagoya Habachi
Stores: J.C.Penny, Belk, New York and Company
Hobbies: Manicure/Pedicures, Singing, Reading the Bible and Romance Novels
Sports: Football (JSU, Cowboys, Saints) and Basketball (Lakers)
Snacks: Salt and Vinegar Chips, Dill Pickles
Drinks: Water (with EXTRA lemons)
Sweets: Now and Laters
Thanks for checking in!!!
It is ALWAYS a great day to be a Titan!