Watch this video for information about Ms. Brook's Spanish I class!
Are you ready for an adventure?!
- To learn basic skills of vocabulary, listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing of the Spanish language
- To develop a basic understanding and appreciation of Hispanic culture in the U.S. and abroad
- Spanish-speaking countries
- Greetings, goodbyes, and manners
- Numbers 1-100
- Dates, time, and weather
Chapter 1 – Who are we?
- Describing people and things
- Where we are from
Chapter 2 – The Family and The Home
- Describing family and pets
- Talking about Rooms in a House
Chapter 3 – During Class and Later
- Talking about what we do in school
- Compare school and after-school activities
Chapter 4 – What we eat and Where?
- Identify and discuss foods
- Order food at a restaurant
Chapter 5 – Sports
- Talking about sport and teams
- Colors and uniforms
Chapter 6 – Well-Being
- Describing personality and emotions
- Going to the doctor
Chapter 7 – On Vacation
- Discuss summer and winter weather
- Learn about seasonal activities
Help me get to know you!Below are links to the online Parent and Student Questionnaires that are embedded on the course syllabus:Parent Questionnaire 2020 to be completed by parentsSpanish I Student Questionnaire 2020 to be completed by students
To sign up for Remind, a free service that allows teachers to send reminders via text message to students and parents without revealing any personal phone numbers, text your child's class code to 81010 or download the app and join the group:
-6th Block Spanish I: @92422d
-8th Block Spanish I: @cac6bc
Track your child's Mav Money on Class Dojo!Parents, please use the links below:6th Block PARENTS: Join here8th Block PARENTS: Join here*Students will sign up during classWatch this video for info about Class Dojo:Quizlet will be one of your best friends this year!Join your class's Quizlet folder:6th Block Spanish I: https://quizlet.com/join/hmqjvuZuj8th Block Spanish I: https://quizlet.com/join/D2enhYYDp*When creating an account, I recommend using a personal e-mail account just in case you forget your password and need to recover it via e-mail.
Duolingo Extra Credit!
Click on the following link to join our class folder.
6th Block Spanish I: https://www.duolingo.com/o/fxcgvb
8th Block Spanish I: https://www.duolingo.com/o/ncdwtb
Instructions for joining Duolingo class:
- Download the Duolingo app or go to their website, duolingo.com
- Get Started. Then select Spanish.
- Set your Daily Goal and continue (you can change this later).
- Create a Profile:
On Android phone, press the menu icon at the top right corner and press Create a Profile.
On iOS phone, press Profile in the top left corner and press Create a Profile.
- Type in your Name, Email and Password, then press Create (I recommend using a personal e-mail instead of school email in case you forget your password and need to recover it via e-mail later).
- Go to your Profile and press Progress Sharing.
- Type in your Classroom Code (see teacher’s instructions)
- Press Join Class.
I host Zero Block on B-Days!